No matter who we are or where we live, we are inside the attention economy.
Apps, website, friends, the present, the future, the past all compete for our attention.
Because of advertising, what starts as a competition for attention turns into a race to the bottom to hijack our minds.
It's a race to the bottom of the brain stem where you can only win by seducing the worst in us.
The competition for our attention becomes a race to the bottom of the brain stem to seduce our psychological biases.
- Triggering our impulses outcompete triggering our conscious choices.
- Getting us to think less instead of think more.
- Sensationalist media outcompetes calm, grounded truth.
- Outrage triggers
- Media that's published instantly without thought outcompetes media published after patient research.
- Media that manipulates our social approval outcompetes media that doesn't manipulate.
We're left constantly distracted, and we're less and less in control of our attention.
We've had enough. We want to restore choice.
We believe in an attention economy built around what we actually care about, not what gets the most clicks.
We believe in technology designed to preserve agency, and our freedom of mind.
We believe in technology built with responsiblity and ethics in mind, not just "what works."
And we believe in sustainable business models that make this possible, not a naive fantasy.